Wednesday, January 19, 2011

what to do with our future

Well we have been researching options for different jobs for this upcoming year. Chris finally decided that enough is enough and quit his job on Monday. He is so much happier knowing that he never has to go back to the onion sheds again. So Chris quit Monday morning, so to offset money we went and racked leaves at a friends that day and made calls to local organic farms looking for more work. Which we did. Well I guess Chris did for the beginning. It seems like it will be work for one person for about a week then I should have some work too. Tuesday we did computer searches and made calls to farms outside our area. It was such a good feeling to see how many people out there value the skills that we possess. We have gotten some great offers including the offer from Judy up in Montana where we had apprenticed together in 2006. We are thinking Montana is the way we are headed. Now for the fun of dismantling a garden we have poured our hearts into. I guess now is as good of time as any to learn another lesson of letting go. They seem to be one of the hardest lessons to learn, but also seem to bring the most rewards. The last time I decided to let it all go I was blessed to find a more beautiful me, a loving man, and a new start with my family. I can't wait to see what will happen next. We love and are so thankful for all of our family who is standing behind us and supporting us in our new adventures. Thank you. We will keep you all posted with any new news of our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment